Join our party blog for all kinds of inspiration when it comes to entertaining, planning a party and wedding planning such as wedding theme ideas, wedding tips, bridal shower themes and tips, baby shower themes and tips, anniversary party ideas, birthday party theme ideas and tips. Feel free to submit your ideas to the party blog.
Tuesday, 26 August 2014
Accent the Party has got all of the most popular products wrapped in shiny metallic foil labels. These are the hottest and most unique favors for either yoru wedding or party and will sure to have your guests talking. Here is quick run down of what’s new!
Saturday, 02 August 2014
So luvin this birthday cake idea via Sweetaplita - be sure to check out this fabulous site and what they have to offer.
Anniversary Favors Baby Shower Favors Birthday Favors Bridal Shower Favors Christmas Party Favors
For the Whipped Cream Frosting:
You will also need:
- 1 1/4 cups (125 g) chocolate cookie crumbs (I used Oreo Baking Crumbs)
- 1/4 cup (115 g) butter, melted
- 1.5 L carton of each ice cream--cotton candy, birthday cake, bubble gum, and neapolitan, or flavours of your choice (total of 4 standard cartons of ice cream)
- 8-10 chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo)
- 6 classic ice cream sandwiches
- 2 teaspoons gelatin (such as Knox)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar
- Few drops each turquoise and pink gel paste colour (I used AmeriColor)
- 9-inch springform pan
- 2 9-inch round cake pans
- Plastic wrap
Assembly of the Birthday Party Ice Cream Cake:
For the Whipped Cream Frosting:
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment. Cover the inside of two 9-inch cake pans with plastic wrap--bottom and sides--leaving a few inches of overhang.
- Into a medium bowl, add the chocolate cookie crumbs and the butter, and stir until combined. Transfer the crumb mixture into the prepared springform pan, pressing into an even layer (I use the bottom of a measuring cup). Place the pan into the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Take one of the ice cream flavours out of the freezer, and use a knife to cut slabs of the ice cream. Transfer all of it onto the crust layer. (If you're using a multi-coloured variety like the cotton candy variety I used, try not to spread it around too much, or the colours will become muddled.) Place a layer of plastic wrap on top and press the ice cream into an even layer. Place the pan back into the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, repeat this step with the 2 prepared cake pans, adding a layer of bubble gum ice cream to one, and neapolitan to the other. Add a layer of ice cream sandwiches to the top of the bubble gum layer, cutting some in half and quarters to fit as many in as possible. Freeze both pans for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and remove the plastic wrap. Place the Oreos on top of the ice cream in an even layer. Add all of the birthday cake ice cream and flatten with another layer of plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and run a small sharp knife around the edges to loosen. Release the latch and gently remove the outer ring from the cake. Remove the birthday cake layer from the freezer and use the plastic wrap overhang to remove the layer from the pan. Peel off the plastic wrap and place the birthday cake ice cream layer on top of the cake. Repeat with the bubble gum ice cream layer. Finally, remove the neapolitan/ice cream sandwich layer from the freezer and from the pan, and then invert the layer ice-cream sandwich side down and place on top of the cake. Cover the entire cake in plastic wrap, wiggle into place if necessary, and return to the freezer for at least 4-6 hours (ideally overnight) to set.
- Place a stainless stand mixer bowl and the whisk attachment (or if using a hand mixer, a stainless mixing bowl and the mixer beaters) in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Into a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle the gelatin onto the water and let sit for 10 minutes. Microwave the mixture for 20 seconds and stir to combine.
- Remove the bowl and whisk from the freezer, add the cream and sugar to the bowl and whip on medium speed for 30 seconds. With the mixer running, add the gelatin mixture in one go. Increase the speed to medium-high and whip until medium-stiff peaks form (thick enough to spread/pipe/hold its shape, but not over-whipped and grainy). Transfer about 1 1/4 cups of the whipped cream to a medium bowl and tint it pastel pink. Cover the pink cream with wrap and refrigerate until ready to pipe the border. Tint the remaining whipped cream turquoise.
- Remove the chilled cake from the freezer and transfer the cake from the springform pan base (remove the parchment round) to a cake board or plate.
- Frost the cake with the turquoise whipped cream, just as you would a regular cake--use a small offset palette knife to cover the top of the cake, and a medium straight palette knife to frost the sides. Return the cake to the freezer for about an hour.
- Remove the pink frosting from the fridge and transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large swirl tip (I used #887). Remove the cake from the freezer and pipe a pink border around the top of the cake. Gently press sprinkles into the bottom third of the cake, and add a few on top, if desired. Return the cake to the freezer until ready to serve. The cake will keep up to 1 week in the freezer.
Thursday, 17 July 2014
Totally in love with this idea before the summer is out....No Bake Watermelon Cake from All Day Chic
You will need:
- whipped cream or coconut whipped cream;
- 1 large watermelon;
How to make it:
1. Cut the watermelon in a circle like a cake.
2. Dry the watermelon patting down with wipes.
3. Frost it with whipped cream.
4. Put almonds to the part.
5. Ornament the top with fresh fruits you choose (ex. raspberries, blueberries…)
Note: If your whipped cream slips around when you frost the watermelon, check out their video to make it work. Enjoy!
Wednesday, 09 July 2014
Accent your birthday party, bridal or baby shower, or other special events with these fun and festive Personalized Popcorn and Treat boxes. You can use these on dessert tables or candy buffets to hold snacks for wedding, shower or party guests... and they're not just for popcorn, fill them with all kinds of treats like pretzels, candy and goodies! Colored labels are included, feel free to word them as you like.
Thursday, 12 June 2014
You know the old saying - the quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach and what's the quickest way to say thank you to your guests? The same way. What better way to thank the guests of your special event than with a favor they can really enjoy - Personalized Heart Shaped Pasta Favors
Wednesday, 11 June 2014
- 1 orange, for serving
- 1 1/2 ounce(s) grenadine syrup
- 2 ounce(s) orange juice
- 1 package(s) Knox gelatin
- 2 ounce(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 3 ounce(s) vodka
- Cut orange in half; scoop out the pulp. Rinse out halves and dab dry. Place in a muffin tin. Put grenadine syrup and juice in small saucepan. Sprinkle half a packet of gelatin over top and let bloom for about a minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin has dissolved, about six minutes. Divide between orange halves and chill. Combine water and sugar in saucepan. Sprinkle remaining gelatin over top and allow to bloom for a minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin has dissolved. Take off heat and add vodka. Pour over grenadine layer, filling each orange half to the top. Chill overnight.
Courtesy of Delish
Tuesday, 10 June 2014
Keep your guests cool at your wedding, bridal shower or outdoor event with these bright Colored Paper Fans.
Available in a variety of vibrant colors, these fun paper fans unfold to reveal delicate colored paper inside. Available in light pink, aqua blue, chocolate brown, red, black, green, orange mango, lilac and hot pink. Try displaying your names and wedding date, offering a personal quote or use them as a place card holder by simply adding a small printed paper to the spokes or wrapping around the outside (printed paper not included). The decoration options are limitless with these Colored Paper Fans, a perfect accent to the colors or your special occasion. Your guests will rejoice in the sweet relief a fan can offer and relish in the elegant keepsake they get to take home.
Saturday, 07 June 2014
serve your guests something they're sure to LUV....I can't wait to try it....
S'mores Milkshake Recipe courtesy of Spoonful of Flavor
- 5 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 3 tbsp. whole or 2% milk
- 1 tbsp. greek yogurt
- 6 jumbo marshmallows
- graham cracker crumbs, for topping
- shaved chocolate, for topping
- Place the marshmallows on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place on lower rack of oven, and broil marshmallows until nice and brown on top, between 30-60 seconds. Remove pan from oven and gently turn the marshmallows over, and broil until they are golden brown. (Be sure to keep an eye on them because they burn very quickly.)
- Combine the ice cream, milk, and yogurt in a blender; blend well. Add the marshmallows and blend until they are broken up and distributed evenly.
- Pour the shake into two glasses and top with graham cracker crumbs and shaved chocolate, as desired.
courtesy of Spoonful of Flavor
Saturday, 07 June 2014
Luvin blue themed parties. A must have like blue cupcake wrappers coordinated with all things blue in the party decorations.
Saturday, 07 June 2014
Browse containers for wedding favors, reception treats and your candy buffet from Accent the Party.
Find all kinds of personalized candy bags or favor bags will show your wedding or party guests that small things do come in great packages. Accent the party carries a unique selection of favor bags and personalized candy buffet bags. There are fun favor and candy buffet and personalized goodie bags that are customized to your event. We also carry other favor supplies and packaging and along with favor tins and wedding favor boxes.