The quarantine-inducing pandemic has made most people realize how feasible it is to work without going to the office. Although some find that interactions with their colleagues are necessary, there are more ways to be social without the help of co-workers. Suffice to say, people are now seeing the perks of working from home.
That’s why a surge in job searches for remote work can be seen recently. According to the Consumer News and Business Channel or more commonly known as CNBC, there is a 460% increase in remote work searches throughout the last couple of years. And rightfully so since working from home (or from the beach) has more benefits compared to droning in the office.
Here are 6 simple benefits of working from home that might convince you to shift careers.
- Flexibility – one of the best perks of working from home is having the freedom to adjust your schedule and workload depending on daily situations.
- Work-life balance – With more time being spent with your family, friends, or even on your own, balancing your personal and professional life can be easier.
- Time-efficiency – You’ll be able to save more time by not having to commute day in and day out. You can sleep longer and have lunch while working as well.
- Improved Savings – Just like saving time from not having to go out, working from home can also lead to fewer unnecessary expenses. And if you plan on relocating to a place with a cheaper cost of living, it would certainly be easier for you to double your savings.
- Enhanced focus – The hustle and bustle in your traditional office setup can be quite distracting. When you work from home, you can have the peace and quiet you need to focus on getting the job done.
- Comfort – No place. Is more comfortable than your home. By setting up your office in your own space, you can get the autonomy and freedom to design it the way you want to. And most of the time, that means, optimal comfort.
Now that you know some of the benefits that remote work offers, there are four possible remote career options you can consider. Keep in mind that the best part about these jobs is that they don’t really require a degree related to the job descriptions.
- Vlogging — With streaming sites’ rising popularity, more and more people are choosing to vlog. Video bloggers are often tasked to create short films on specific niches that aim to entertain and inspire at the same time. You can choose to do it independently or work for video blogging sites. Either way, the pay is quite a lot once you gain traction.
According to a recent study, the average annual salary of a mid-popular vlogger in the U.S. is $83,916. That’s $40 an hour. Not bad at all.
- Blogging / SEO Writing — As long as you’re confident in your written English skills, this job is within your reach. You’d be responsible for producing clear and engaging written content to advertise companies in blogs. The tasks would be focused on research and topic ideation. Having great proofreading skills is also a plus. And with $35 per hour at the minimum, it’s possible for you to make more than six figures a year once you’ve gained industry experience.
- ESL Teaching — Teaching English as a second language has been a popular alternative source of income for quite some time now. You only need to have a fairly good command of the language, patience in teaching non-native speakers, and a stable internet connection. With a single class consuming around 25-30 minutes of your day, earning an average of $75,000 annually is not bad at all. Once you get to know your students deeply, you can even work directly with them and their friends without the need for a third-party company. There is a lot of tuition agency that could help you look for opportunity.
- Virtual Assistance — Being a virtual assistant means handling online administrative tasks remotely. So, if you think you can schedule appointments, make phone calls, answer emails, and make travel arrangements, this can be the job for you. The key is to get yourself familiar with major online companies such as bannersolutions.com. Building connections is the best way to ensure your growth in his industry.While the highest possible hourly rate would be $40, most companies provide healthcare benefits and insurance that can’t be found in other jobs.
Working from home can be a great way to start fresh this coming 2022. The comfort, flexibility, and freedom it brings could help you take care of your mental health. And with the time, effort, and money you’d be saving, it would be a great way to get back your financial losses due to the pandemic.